Moving from one home to another requires much planning and execution to get everything right. Even if you have weeks to prepare your belongings, moving day can always feel like it’s upon you too soon. Unfortunately, the entire experience can be overwhelming for some people, which is where full-service household moving services come in. If you’re planning to move and want the process to be as pain-free and efficient as possible, read on to see what these services entail.
What Is Full-Service Moving?
Full-service moving is where your professional moving company handles everything from packing and shipping to unpacking. You simply tell the movers what to pack and where to move it, and they’ll handle the rest. Full-service ensures the safe handling, storage, and door-to-door transportation of your belongings.
Here are some things usually included with full-service moving:
- A personal move coordinator to help with all of your arrangements
- Loading, transporting, and unloading household belongings
- Full Value Protection (unless waived)
- Standard transport of appliances (service/disconnect/connect is not included)
- Disassembly and reassembly of standard bed frames
- Standard furniture placement
- Qualified drivers and equipment
Add-on services can often include:
- Packing services
- Specialty crating
- Unpacking services
- Short and long-term storage
- Debris removal
- Car shipping
Should You Hire a Company for a Full-Service Move?
As you can imagine, full-service moving services might cost a bit more than a DIY move. However, hiring these movers has some tangible benefits, and the investment can be worthwhile depending on your situation. Here are some reasons why full-service movers might be right for you:
- You’re Too Busy – Life can often get in the way of moving, especially if you have a family and time-consuming job. So can you halt everything else to focus on packing and logistics? Full-service moving services make shipping all your items to your new location manageable without disrupting your life.
- You Don’t Have Help – Maybe you’re a retiree moving into a smaller home, or perhaps you’re relocating across the country and do not know anyone in your new city. Moving all your belongings by yourself is time-consuming and grueling, so why not hire movers to handle the stress for you?
- You’re Feeling Overwhelmed – There are many other aspects of moving beyond packing and unpacking your stuff. You also have to worry about setting up utilities, exploring the neighborhood, and meeting your neighbors. A full-service move allows you to focus on those elements so you don’t get too stressed.
Get Full-Service Moving Help Today!
If you’re interested in the features of a full-service move, contact us today! We can set up a consultation to discuss your specific needs and get a free quote. We’ll make sure your transition is as painless as possible.