Molloy Bros. Moving and Storage is a proud New Jersey moving company with more than 70 years of moving experience. Founded after WWII, we’ve been serving New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area with unbeatable moving service at affordable rates. From local household and commercial moves to cross-country long-distance relocations, our New Jersey movers have superior training, resources, and experience and can execute your move hassle-free. To get your journey started, request your free, no-obligation moving quote today!
New Jersey’s Mayflower Movers
Planning a move out of New Jersey? We’re the moving company for you. Our partnership with Mayflower Moving, one of the most trusted names in the industry, allows us to provide you with the resources other moving companies just can’t match: State-of-the-art equipment and resources, high-value protection plans, and helpful tools to help ease the stress of your relocation. With thousands of successful long-distance moves under our belt, our New Jersey movers are tested and proven to be the best in the New York Metro area.
Quality New Jersey Moving Services
- Household Moves: Whether you’re moving across town, over the river, or across the world, Molloy Bros. has the NJ household movers for you and your family.
- Commercial Moves: For 70 years, Molloy Bros.’ commercial movers have been considered the best in the New York Metro area. Let us help your company with your moving needs.
- Specialty and White Gloves Moves: Big items, bulky items, high-value items. Whatever your moving needs are, we have the specialty services for you.
- Packing Services: Nobody likes packing. Let us do it for you. We offer customizable packing services for your move.
- Snap Move Moving Containers: If you’re moving an apartment or small home, check out our SnapMove moving containers which allow you to load your belongings yourself at your own pace.
- Settle-In Services: Settle-in services like appliance and electronics hookup and debris liquidation make your move that much easier.
- Storage Solutions: If your new home isn’t ready yet, our state-of-the-art warehouse facilities are a great temporary home for your belongings.
Why Move to New Jersey?
Are you considering moving to New Jersey? The fourth smallest state, its close proximity to New York City and Pennsylvania attracts many to New Jersey either to work and live or commute, making it the 11th most populated state. With gorgeous beaches, rural areas and world-class entertainment options, New Jersey has a mass appeal. Learn more about life in New Jersey, including local schools, weather and things to do and see.
Year Founded: 1787
Population as of 2015: 8,958,013
Land Area (sq. miles): 8,729
Median Age: 39
Median Household Income: $72,093
Median Home Price: $315,900
Annual Weather Averages:
- High Temperature: 74° Fahrenheit
- Low Temperature: 44° Fahrenheit
- Rainfall: 52 inches
- Snowfall: 14 inches
Notable Employment Facts: Education, healthcare, retail and finance have seen positive growth.
Major Employers: Wakefern Food Corporation, Rutgers University, Barnabas Health, Walmart, Meridian Health, Johnson & Johnson, Prudential Financial, Virtua, TD Bank.
- New Jersey schools:
- 1,369,427 public schools serving 2.5 million students
- 1,438 private schools serving 222,297 students
- Popular Universities and Colleges in New Jersey:
Largest Cities in the State: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Trenton.
Popular Radio Stations:
- WNYE (91.5) Public Radio
- WHTZ (100.3 FM) Top 40 Radio
- WCBS (101.1 FM) Classic Hits Radio
- WNEW (102.7 FM) Hot Adult Contemporary
- WKTU (103.5 FM) Top 40 Radio
Public Transit: NJ Transit, PATH, PATCO, SEPTA, Amtrak, Greyhound, Academy, Lakeland Bus Lines, ONE Bus
Parks, Beaches and Other Recreation:
- True to its nickname as The Garden State, New Jersey abounds with parks. Boating or canoeing enthusiasts are best served by Kittatinny Valley State Park or Ringwood State Park. For hiking, check out Cheesequake Park, Rancocas Park or Hacklebarney Park. Looking for a park that has it all? Visit Allamuchy Mountain State Park, which offers fishing, hunting, bike trails and horseback riding.
- With 130 miles of coastline, the Jersey shore is so much more than a reality show. Gambling mecca Atlantic City has a world-famous beach just steps from the numberous casinos, spas, shopping boutiques and restaurants. At Avalon Beach, you can kayak, sail, paddleboard, fish or take a stroll down a boardwalk lined with shops and restaurants. With eight miles of beach, 2.5 miles of boardwalk and two amusement parks, it’s easy to see why Ocean City is a popular choice when the weather is nice. Or, visit one of the top 25 best family vacation spots on the East Coast: Wildwood.
- Golf lovers have countless NJ courses to choose from, many of which have held championship tournaments. Baltusrol Golf Club has hosted 15 national championship matches—as well as the 2005 PGA Championship—and is one of the favorite courses of golf legend Jack Nicklaus. Another highly awarded and well-acclaimed course is Shore Gate Golf Club, with a 4½ star rating in “Places to Play” and recognized as one of “America’s Best New Courses” by Golf Digest. Or, play a round at Farmstead Golf and Country Club, the course New Jersey Herald readers voted as “Best Golf Course” for eight years running.
Rich and Vibrant Arts and Culture:
- The Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival was voted by USA Today readers as one of the best beer festivals in the country. Enjoy freshly poured brews from many of the top craft beer companies, as well as live musical performances from headlining bands such as Flogging Molly and Streetlight Manifesto.
- Hoboken Food and Culture Tour is a fun and delicious way to taste authentic cuisines created by family-owned businesses. A favorite stop on this tour? Carlo’s City Hall Bake Shop, which is featured on TLC’s “Cake Boss.”
- The Liberty Science Museum is home to 12 exhibition halls, the biggest IMAX Dome Theater in the world, aquariums and an animal collection of 110 different species, making this an informative and eye-opening experience for all. The Sterling Hill Mining Museum is another informative experience, where you can go on tours that will teach you about earth sciences and how to treat the environment responsibly. At the Naval Aviation Museum, you can participate in hands-on and educational activities that will be fun for the whole family.
- The Prudential Center is New Jersey’s go-to venue for events such as concerts, Disney on Ice, Ringling Bros. shows and it is the home venue for the New Jersey Devils hockey team.
- Hopewell Valley Vineyard is located in the Sourland Mountains and has created award-winning wines. Take a tour, enjoy a tasting or stop in to one of their many events, such as wine classes, Farm-to-Table dinners and live musical performances.
- Flying Fish Brewery originated in 1996 in Cherry Hill as the first virtual microbrewery in the world. Now in Somerdale, it’s the largest microbrewery in New Jersey, with more than 70 beers. In South Jersey, check out Tuckahoe Brewery. For seasonal, small batch and reserve beer options, Cricket Hill Brewery has 12 of their locally made brews on tap.
Our Top Locations Served:
Moving to New Jersey and searching for a reliable moving company? With more than 70 years of experience moving families into the New Jersey area, Molloy Bros. has the experience unmatched by any other New Jersey moving company. Contact us today for a free moving quote.