For over 70 years, Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage has been one of the top Mercer County moving companies. Our goal is to be the complete, hassle-free moving company for every one of our customers We’ve carried out more than 325,000 successful moves for families and businesses throughout the world. There’s no better Mercer County moving company than Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage so fill out a form to receive your free moving quote today!
Moving to Mercer County?
Considering a move to Mercer County, New Jersey? One of the highest-income counties in the United States, Mercer County served as the landing spot for the Martian invasion in Orson Wells’ 1938 radio broadcast of “The War of the Worlds.” Learn more about life in this New Jersey, including local schools, weather, and things to do and see.
Year Founded: 1838
Population as of 2015: 372,268
Land Area (sq. miles): 228.9
Median Age: 38
Median Household Income: $74,118
Median Home Price: $224,900
Annual Weather Averages:
- Average Temperature: 52° Fahrenheit
- Rainfall: 48 inches
- Snowfall: 22 inches
Notable Employment Facts: Due to the high volume of private educational institutions and hospitals, the largest employment industries in Mercer County are education and health services, which account for a quarter of all employers.
Major Private Sector Employers: Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Capital Health Systems, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – Hamilton and Covance.
- Mercer County Schools:
- 94 public schools serving 52,918 students
- 17 high schools, serving 16,946 students
- 18 middle schools, serving 14,262 students
- 61 elementary schools, serving 22,778 students
- 19 pre-K schools, serving 8,208 students
- 6 charter schools, serving 1,837 students
- 65 private schools, serving 11,780 students
- 94 public schools serving 52,918 students
- Universities and Colleges located in Mercer County:
Major City: Trenton, the state capital and the county seat of Mercer County, as well as a former capital of the United States.
Local Radio Stations:
- WWFM (1 FM)
- WPRB (103.3 FM)
- 5 (WPST FM)
9 County Parks and Other Recreation:
- The Abbott Marshlands features the Tulpehaking Nature Center and the oldest house in Mercer County, the Watson House, and supports a large array of plant and animal life, making it a must-see for nature enthusiasts. Baldpate Mountain has 12 miles of marked trails for hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking and trail running. The 2,500-acre Mercer County Park offers 17 athletic fields, ice skating, 28 lighted tennis courts, a marina, dog parks, a crew course, bike trails, mountain biking and more.
- Hoping to reel in the catch of the day? There are 14 Fish and Wildlife-approved areas, from the 275-acre Lake Mercer to the one-acre Community Park North Pond.
- If you’re looking to work on your backswing, Mercer Oaks East and West has two championship courses, Mountain View golf course is open year-round, and the Princeton Country Club is the headquarters of the Mercer County Golf Academy.
Rich and Vibrant Arts and Culture:
- Mercer County is full of historic sites to visit, from the Old Barracks Museum, an educational site that served as housing for soldiers during the French and Indian War and an army hospital during the Revolutionary War, to Princeton Battlefield State Park, the location of one of the fiercest battles of the American Revolution.
- Lovers of the fine arts will appreciate the Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie, which hosts exhibits and collections, events, children’s class and workshops; Grounds for Sculpture, a park for contemporary sculptures with two museums and an arboretum; the Princeton University Art Museum, which showcases more than 80,000 pieces; and the Hunterdon Art Museum with its exhibitions of contemporary art, craft and design housed in a 19th-century stone mill listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Adults of legal age can get a taste of the only winery in Mercer County at Working Dog Winery, which has live music and wine tasting events, or enjoy hundreds of different beers and live music at the Triumph Brewing Company.
- Thrill seekers will find adventure during summer and winter, including skiing, snowboarding, whitewater rafting and more at Banchi Outdoor Adventures.
- The Arm & Hammer Park at Waterfront Park is home to the Trenton Thunder, currently the Double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees.
Moving to Mercer County, New Jersey, and searching for a reliable moving company? With more than half a million moves and more than seven decades to its name, Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage has the experience unmatched by any other Mercer County-area moving company. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation moving quote.