Since 1946, Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage has worked hard to earn our reputation as one of the most reliable moving companies in Morris County, NJ. We strive to provide the smoothest, stress-free moving experience for every family or business we serve. Whether you’re moving a family or a business across the street or across the country, Molloy Bros. will get your belongings there on schedule and in tip-top shape. There’s no better Morris County moving company than Molloy Bros. Moving & Storage so fill out a form to receive your free moving quote today!
Moving to Morris County
Are you considering a move to Morris County, New Jersey? The seventh largest county in New Jersey, Morris County has something for everyone. Those who work in NYC but want a suburban life Only 30 miles away from New York City and easily accessible by car or train, those who are looking to work in Manhattan but live in an area plush with deep valleys and hilly terrains will have the best of these two worlds in Morris County. For those who are just starting out in the workforce or prefer to work closer to home, you will find the headquarters, offices or facilities of 33 Fortune 500 businesses, making this County a great place to work and live. Learn more about life in Morris County, including schools, weather and things to see and do.
Year Founded: 1739
Population as of 2015: 499,509
Land Area (sq. miles): 460.18
Median Age: 42
Median Household Income: $100,579
Median Home Price: $434,700
Annual Weather Averages:
- High Temperature: 71° Fahrenheit
- Low Temperature: 40° Fahrenheit
- Rainfall: 50 inches
- Snowfall: 26 inches
Notable Employment Facts: Finance, health services, technology and research and development have seen positive growth.
Major Employers: Novartis Life Sciences, Atlantic Healthcare, Louis Berger Group Services, Picatinny Arsenal Industrial, Saint Clare’s Healthcare System, BASF Chemicals
- Morris County schools:
- 147 public schools serving 74,563 students
- 37 preK schools serving 13,233 students
- 94 elementary schools serving 33,347 students
- 31 middle schools serving 17,986 students
- 26 high schools serving 23,336 students
- 111 Private Schools serving 12,916 students
- 147 public schools serving 74,563 students
- Universities and Colleges within 15 miles of Morris County:
Nearest Major City: Approximately 19 miles to Newark, NJ, and 30 miles to New York City.
Local Radio Stations:
- WNYE (91.5) Public Radio
- WNSH (94.7 FM) Country Radio
- WHTZ (100.3 FM) Top 40 Radio
- WCBS (101.1 FM) Classic Hits Radio
- WKTU (103.5 FM) Top 40 Radio
Public Transit: NJ Transit Bus and Rail, Lakeland Bus Company
Morris County Parks, Beaches and Other Recreation:
- This area of New Jersey boasts thousands of acres of parkland. For a park that will keep anyone busy and entertained, check out Central Park of Morris County and its sand volleyball courts, 5K cross-country course, 5-acre dog park, natural amphitheater, inline skating rink and much more. Nature lovers can be surrounded with beautiful wildflowers, flowering trees, shrubs and meadows that surround the hiking trails found in Elizabeth D. Kay Environmental Center. Looking to cast a line? Check out Hedden County Park’s 6-acre pond.
- Counting down the days ’til summer? Check out Mine Hill Beach, where residents and nonresidents alike can use the volleyball court, swings, pedal boats and beach area.
- Golf enthusiasts can choose from four golf courses in Morris County. Flanders Valley Golf Course features two 18-hole courses, both with challenging layouts. The gorgeous Berkshire Valley Golf Course is a par-71 option. A favorite among local golfers, Sunset Valley is a popular par-70 course. For a shorter golf course, take a swing at the par-65 at Pinch Brook.
Rich and Vibrant Arts and Culture:
- Morris Arts offers programs, events, classes and exhibits. People of all ages have the opportunity to express themselves creatively, hone in on or learn new skills and become inspired by other artists and projects.
- Recognized by the Council on the Arts of New Jersey for seven years in a row as a major arts institution, the Morris Museum combines the art and sciences for an experience that will entice the senses.
- Paper Mill Playhouse is a nationally acclaimed center with award-winning art education programs and was awarded the Regional Theatre Tony Award in 2016 for its variety of performance options such as comedies, classical music, plays and kid-friendly shows.
- The Mayo Performing Arts Center was voted America’s Outstanding Historic Theatre in 2016, and with its extensive performance calendar, it’s easy to understand why with its musical, dance and comedy performances, as well as guest speakers, film showings and special events on the MPAC Plaza.
Moving to Morris County and searching for a reliable moving company? With more than 70 years of experience moving families into the New Jersey area, Molloy Bros. has the experience unmatched by any other New Jersey moving company. Contact us today for a free moving quote.
Morris County Locations:
- Boonton, NJ Movers
- Budd Lake, NJ Movers
- Butler, NJ Movers
- Cedar Knolls, NJ Movers
- Chatham, NJ Movers
- Chester, NJ Movers
- Denville, NJ Movers
- East Hanover, NJ Movers
- Flanders, NJ Movers
- Florham Park, NJ Movers
- Gillette, NJ Movers
- Kinnelon, NJ Movers
- Lincoln Park, NJ Movers
- Long Valley, NJ Movers
- Madison, NJ Movers
- Mendham, NJ Movers
- Millington, NJ Movers
- Montville, NJ Movers
- Morris Plains, NJ Movers
- Movers Morristown, NJ
- Mountain Lakes, NJ Movers
- Parsippany, NJ Movers
- Pine Brook, NJ Movers
- Randolph, NJ Movers
- Riverdale, NJ Movers