Since 1946, Molloy Bros Moving & Storage has served as the top Union County movers, providing efficient, high-quality moving services to New Jersey residents and businesses. Whether you’re moving across the street, over state lines, or internationally, Molloy’s dependable household movers specialize in serving New Jersey families, making residential moves fast, smooth, and stress free. To get started with Molloy Bros.’ Union County movers, request your FREE no-obligation moving estimate today!
Moving to Union County
Moving to Union County, New Jersey? One of the state’s 21 counties, Union County is deeply rooted in American history but offers the typical modern-day family a flourishing, diverse community. Just 10 miles away from Newark International Airport and fewer than 20 miles from New York City, Union County is the perfect location for people who live and work in the metro area. Learn more about life in Union County, including schools, weather and things to see and do.
Year Founded: 1857
Population as of 2014: 552,939
Land Area (sq. miles): 102.86
Median Age: 38
Median Household Income: $64,593
Median Home Price: $346,300
Annual Weather Averages:
- High Temperature: 72° Fahrenheit
- Low Temperature: 42° Fahrenheit
- Rainfall: 50 inches
- Snowfall: 26 inches
Notable Employment Facts: Healthcare, transportation and facilities management have seen an increase.
Major Employers: Merck & Co., New England Motor Freight, USI Services Group, Overlook Medical Center, Maher Terminals, Trinitas Hospital
- Union County Schools:
- 175 public schools serving 95,920 students
- 56 preK schools serving 28,383 students
- 117 elementary schools serving 53,697 students
- 27 middle schools serving 15,106 students
- 37 high schools serving 28,031 students
- 93 private schools serving 13,931 students
- 175 public schools serving 95,920 students
- Universities and Colleges near Union County, NJ:
Nearest Major City: Approximately 9 miles to Newark, NJ, and 20 miles to Manhattan.
Local Radio Stations:
- WNYE (91.5) Public Radio
- WNSH (94.7 FM) Country Radio
- WHTZ (100.3 FM) Top 40 Radio
- WCBS (101.1 FM) Classic Hits Radio
- WKTU (103.5 FM) Top 40 Radio
Public Transit: New Jersey Transit bus and rail lines
Parks and Other Recreation:
- Gather the whole family and take a trip to Wheeler Park, where you can swim in the John Russell Wheeler Memorial Pool, run around the playground or enjoy a game of catch on the softball field. Warinaco Park offers bicycle paths, tennis courts, an ice skating rink in the winter and a running track. Love to be on the water? Visit Echo Park Lake, where you can fish and cruise around in pedal boats.
- Golf enthusiasts should check out the challenging terrain of the 18-hole, par-71 course at Galloping Hill Golf Course. For a course that appeals to all skill levels, Ash Brook Golf Course is an 18-hole, par-72 course with four tee options. Looking for a fun way to pass the time on a rainy day? The Union Sports Arena has an indoor ice facility with ice skating and other activities.
Rich and Vibrant Arts and Culture:
- Liberty Hall Museum is your destination for experiencing over 200 years of American history. Built in 1772, this museum is a Victorian-style mansion and the original home of William Livingston, New Jersey’s first governor and a signer of the Constitution. With more than 50 rooms, this museum now holds a variety of antique furniture, tools and ceramics.
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum is a historical site that offers a variety of activities for all seasons. In the fall, the Art in the Garden exhibit showcases countless outdoor sculptures. In the summer, Sounds of a Summer Night is an annual concert series.
- Boxwood Hall was built in approximately 1750 and was visited by numerous historical figures such as Alexander Hamilton, George Washington and General Lafayette. Today, Boxwood Hall is open to the public offers its visitors knowledge of colonial life.
- The Union County Performing Arts Center first opened its doors in 1928, when it was home to vaudeville acts and movie screenings. Today, the venue hosts a variety of performing arts shows, such as independent and classic film presentations, live music concerts, musicals and plays.
Moving to Union County and searching for a reliable moving company? With more than 70 years of experience moving families, Molloy Bros. has the experience unmatched by any other New Jersey moving company. Contact us today for a free moving quote.
Union County Locations:
- Berkeley Heights, NJ Movers
- Clark, NJ Movers
- Cranford, NJ Movers
- East Rutherford, NJ Movers
- Elizabeth, NJ Movers
- Fanwood, NJ Movers
- Kenilworth, NJ Movers
- Linden, NJ
- Linden, NJ Movers
- Mountainside, NJ Movers
- Rahway, NJ Movers
- Scotch Plains, NJ Movers
- Springfield, NJ Movers
- Summit, NJ Movers
- Union, NJ Movers
- Westfield, NJ Movers